Sunday, November 22, 2009

Movie Day


The weather today was nasty. Cold, rainy, and decidedly "un-North Carolina." One of the reasons I moved down here was for Carolina blue skies! This fall weather is certainly not living up to my expectations.

Judy had to take Huston to a birthday party for another 3-year-old, so I asked Tommy what he'd like to do instead. Since we couldn't go outside, he said he wanted to go to the movies. The only new comedy for kids was Planet 51. All in all, not a bad movie. The Rock voiced the protagonist from earth... an astronaut who befriends an young alien on the planet he's been sent to explore. The alien's girlfriend is voiced by Jessica Biel. She's gorgeous in real life, but it's a little disturbing to see her cartoon likeness remade as a green alien with pouty lips.

Tommy said he liked the movie and it was good male bonding time. I'd like to spend a few hours alone with him every weekend. He's at the age where it's really a pleasure to hang out, and he has an amazing sense of humor for a 5-year-old.

I'll write more tomorrow when I get settled into my day.

No comments: